With the end of the month drawing near, I figured today (or yesterday, as I am posting this today) I would finally make the Tim Tag for august, or should I say booklet as I prefer to make books. Don’t get me wrong, I like tags as well, I just don’t know what to do with them once they are created. Now books I can use and that’s why I prefer to make those.
Hence the title, Tim and Dotty =). Here are some close up shots of Tim and Dotty.
I made the booklet For the august tag with some permanent markers, as I didn’t have the distress markers he used. Used paper masks and completely forgot the distressing step in between.
I did make a booklet though. for the juli challenge, but couldn’t post it because I sent it as a surprise gift to my one hundredth follower. She didn’t get it before I went on vacation and when I got back the month had passed. I did make some photo’s, so maybe I’ll post that one at a later time
Here’s the masking technique for Tim tag. I realy like how it makes the stamps look layered. The background is treated with black soot and antique linnen distress stain.
I put washi tape along the spine and had a lot of fun with her eyepatch on the closure, which actualy is some cute (very tight) paperclip over an elastic band.
I’m also very chuffed with how the crackle accents make the red permanent marker look all fluorescent orange. That’s a very happy accident.
I took the colorsceme from the cover to the inside of the booklet.
Used some fabric tape and even a tag (treated with black soot distress stain). I used the 8-8″ paper stash ideology paperpad for some of the inserts.
I stamped on the cover with distress embossing ink and used black embossing powder.
Used the bookplate die, for the cover embellishment, distressed and stamped it with black archival ink and added some gold touches. I then used the crackle accents again, which made me happy.
The picture behind the plate is adhered to the plate and then covered with diamond glaze.
Used a small key for the closure with, again, a paperclip. This time I glued on an embellishment from an old earring I had, thereby closing the clip effectively…this one is not coming off.
The back of the booklet is much lighter, here you can see the stamped embossing better.
I used some dotted washi tape along the spine and throughout the book. I picked a colorsceme for the booklet and used it throughout as I did with the previous booklet.
Lots of dots …..
I used the same Ideology paper stash pad for this one.
I wanted to try and see, if the making of the second booklet was faster when I could follow the decorations setup I used for the first one. Having all the stuff to use gathered and such.
So, that’s a no, if anything, it took me even longer to finish the second booklet…
But it was very relaxing not having to think to much =).
So here they are, my very late Tim (not a) Tag of august 2013 and a very Dotty booklet.
I hope you like them and I wish you a lovely weekend.
Also linking this to: