I finished the last few pages of the mini art journal insert. I tried some cool layering and distressing techniques. Unfortunately, I completely forgot to make progress pics. I’ll try and remember that for next time, as I always enjoy watching the process of how one thing (or several things) becomes somthing completely different and unexpected.
Here’s a sneek peek at the back cover of the booklet, wich I entered in the Eclectic Paperie Challenge: Fabric, since I incorporated tule fabric in the design.
For this page I first made a background with acrylic paints and some stencilling. Wich I then allmost completely covered with the cut outs from the papers. I sanded the pictures and then added some white acrylic paint as a white wash. It was really fun, sanding the paper and I love how it makes the pictures look.
For the next page I explored the layering technique a little more by adding strips of book pages (cut outs from the iPhone case I made), tule fabric, acrylic paints, glimmer mists and alcohol inks. I can’t remember what colours I used. I then added the little fussy cut girl, distressed her with victorian velvet, walnut stain and brushed corduroy. I then gave her wings and added a diamond glaze over the top.